Presentation Accessibility Resources
- Inclusive Speaker Orientation: Optional free training from the Linux Foundation that takes around two hours and will help speakers ensure their presentation are inclusive.
- How to Make your Presentations Accessible to All: Guidance for speakers to increase the accessibility of their presentation prior to and onsite.
- We have created a dedicated Slack Channel for Drupal Dev Days 2023' speakers, feel free to join it #ddd23-speakers in the Drupal slack and use it for any question you might have.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does your event have a Code of Conduct?
Yes! All speakers have agreed to Drupal Code of Conduct when submitting a session as part of our Speaker Agreement. You can find the full Drupal Code of Conduct here.
How long are sessions?
- The sessions are either 25 or 45 minutes.
- The Q&A portion of each presentation should fit into that time limit.
- You can always continue the conversation in the Hallway Track, at a BoF, or via Twitter/Slack.
When does session submission close?
- On 15th of May, 22:00 CET request for Session Proposals closes.
Are there trainings or workshops?
At the moment there are no plans to organize trainings or workshops as part of the event. Fe
Are there BoFs?
There will be a BoF room available during the event, with a good-old signup and schedule on a large piece of paper.
What about code contribution?
It's Drupal Dev Days - so yes, of course! you can find more details about contribution possibilities on Contribution page.
How are speakers compensated?
One speaker per session will receive a free ticket to attend Drupal Dev Days.
Since Drupal Dev Days are a non-profit community event, we are unable to provide for the speaker's other expenses or offer a speaker fee.
What if I have purchased a ticket and then become speaker and get a free ticket as a result?
If you have already purchased a ticket, we ask that you order the speaker ticket via the link that will be sent to you using the code provided. Then respond to it letting us know your original ticket and what you wish us to do. We can either refund your original ticket (minus the refund fee from Eventbrite), or we can transfer it to a person of your choosing (e.g. a colleague or friend) or you can donate it to one of several people who have contacted us for assistance to attend.
What permissions do I need to present?
Ensure you have explicit permission to share your company/client information, or at what level is appropriate to share. Proposing a session without permission is grounds for session cancellation.
Do you have a different question? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was heavily inspired by DrupalCon’s Speaker Resources page.