You might think who, me? Everybody can contribute! Drupal is made possible by a very diverse group of people around the globe using a huge variety of skills including but not limited to user experience design, project management, development, planning, testing, bug reporting, performance analysis, integration, triage, event organization, marketing, session recording, photography, translations, book authoring, and the list goes on and on. Some examples:
- Translators — Are you good in a written language other than English? We need you!
- Content Strategists — Want to work on reorganizing the documentation and improving the content quality? We need you!
- Project Managers — You want to bring forward certain initiatives and know how to build a team with different expert skill sets and how to facilitate progress? We need you!
- Marketers — You have ideas for advancing the promotion of Drupal and need a team? And you are good at sharing your strategy insights? We need you too!
Become a contributor
When and how to join contributors?
Drupal Developer Days are all about contribution. There are contribution rooms and spaces throughout the event, while sessions and BoFs are happening as well. Just walk up to the promoted contribution teams, introduce yourself and say you are there to help. Everybody likes people who offer to help, so don't be afraid. For contribution topics and join one of them, please sign up.
What if I'm new to contribution, how can I join
In case you have never contributed before, don't worry. At Drupal Developer Days Vienna 2023, our contribution mentors will be there to help you, guide you through processes and tools the Drupal community uses to contribute to the project. Contribution mentors will also help you to pick issues based on your experience level.
What to bring
To contribute to sprints you will have to bring a laptop. It is also recommended to have the following:
- Account on http://drupal.org
- Tools for local development: https://www.drupal.org/tools
This page was heavily inspired by Drupal Dev Days Ghent 2022.